Follow them on Facebook!
607 N. Church Street
Phoenix, OR 97535
Phoenix Historical Society was organized in August 1998 with the help of a group from the Phoenix Chamber of commerce. The museum was situated in the old city hall-library building which stood behind the present library. The building was moved in 2002 to a site in front of the historic Phoenix Cemetery. With the addition of a larger room, there is now room for more showcases and meetings.
The mission of the Phoenix Historical Society is:
1. Acquire and preserve historical objects and artifacts
2. Investigate, research, and publish historic information
3. Educate the community through interpretation and exhibition of items, stories, and events of a historic nature
4. Cooperate with other community organizations and business groups.
5. Provide a forum for discussion, debate, and understanding of the history of the city of Phoenix and the surrounding community