McKee Bridge Historical Society

Open June through August, most weekends from 1 pm until 4 pm

Visit their website.

Upper Applegate Road
Jacksonville, OR 97530
(541) 899-2222

The mission of the McKee Bridge Historical Society is to preserve our bridge in a safe and presentable
condition and to educate the public about the history of the bridge and the surrounding Applegate area.
The McKee Covered Bridge was built in 1917 and closed to vehicular traffic in 1956, but was left open
to pedestrians. It is owned by Jackson County. However, there had been no county or state funds
allocated for repairs or maintenance since 1990. Since that time dedicated residents from the area have
raised the necessary funds to perform numerous repairs and restoration. In 1999, the McKee Bridge
Historical Society was formed to formally oversee this historic entity. A miniature replica of the bridge
is a museum on wheels for the Society. A McKee Bridge Day celebration is held each year at the
bridge and park on the 2nd Saturday in June from 10 am to 3 pm.